Name: Dr.D. D. KULKARNI
Designation: Principal Scientist ,
National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases Indian Council of Agricultural Research ,
Anand Nagar, Bhopal-462.
Dr. D. D. Kulkarni is an M.V.Sc., Ph.D,
Principal Scientist at National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases
Indian Council of Agricultural Research ,Anand Nagar, Bhopal-462.
He is specialized in Veterinary Microbiology.
1. Fellow of National Academy of Veterinary Science (India).
2. Recipient of Merit Scholarship during MVSc and awarded Certificate of Merit (First Class with Distinction, first rank) at Masters Degree level.
3. Recipient of Dr. C. M. SINGH AWARD for the best research paper published in Indian Journal of Comparative Microbiology, Immunology & Infectious Diseases Vol. 11 1990.
4. Recipient of DR. GANTY A. SASTRY AWARD for the best article published in the field of Pathology in Indian Veterinary Journal Vol. 75(7) in 1998.
5. Recipient of INTAS-POLYVET AWARD for the best review article published in Intas-Polyvet Journal Vol. 1 :( 1) in 2000.
6. Recipient of BEST PAPER AWARD by Indian Society for Veterinary Surgery for the year 2002.
7. Recipient of BALIRAJA-DR.B.V.RAHUDKAR GRANTH PURASKAR for the best book in Marathi on Agriculture & allied field for the farmers in 1997.
8. Associated with bluetongue virus research for 10 yrs (1981-90), authored the first isolation report of BTV type 9 & 18 from India.
9. Work on PPR virus has been appreciated by The Veterinary Record.