Name: Dr. Apurba Chakraborty
Designation: Director of Research (Veterinary),
Assam Agricultural University,
Tele Fax +91 361 2364941 (O),
Phone +91 361 2336833 (R),
Dr. Apurba Chakraborty is a Director of Research (Veterinary) in College of Veterinary Science, Assam Agricultural University.
He has a qualification of Ph.D from Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Science, Assam Agricultural University. He is specialized in Veterinary Pathology
1. Dr. C. M. Singh award for the best research article entitled “Capture Myopathy in Wild animal: Pathological and histoenzymic studies”. It was published in Indian Journal of Veterinary Pathology, 1995. 19(2): 95-98.
2. Dr. S.K. Nair Memorial award for the best article entitled ‘Neoplasms in Non-human Primates in Assam State Zoo’. It was published in Indian Veterinary Journal, 1997. 76(9): 645-647.
3. Intas polivet award (2001) for the best research article entitled “Parasites of captive wild carnivores in Assam state zoo”. It wasb published in Intas Polivet 2(2): 173-181.
4. Varsha award by Indian Association of Veterinary Pathologists in the year 2002 for outstanding contribution to develop Veterinary Pathology in India specially on the diseases of wild animals.
5. Intas polivet award (2006) for the best research article entitled “Studies on Tuberculosis in Non-human Primates and Herbivores of Assam State Zoo and its impact on Human Health”, published in Intas Polivet Journal Vol 7(2)
6. Wildlife Health Management Award in the year 2007 for outstanding contribution in Wildlife Pathology by Association of Indian Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians.
7. Fellow of National Academy of Veterinary Sciences (2008)
8. Feliciated at Madhya Pradesh Pashu Sikitchya Vigyan Vishwa Vidyalaya for outstanding contribution in wildlife health in 2010
9. (a) Project completed as Principal Investigator: Adhoc Scheme on Incidence and Etiopathology of Mortality of Wild and Zoo Animals with Special reference to Herbivores.
Funded by Indian Council of Agricultural Research
(b) Project completed as Project Coordinator: Nodal Centre for Wildlife Health and Disease Diagnosis, funded by Central Zoo Authority, New Delhi
(c) Project completed as Co- Principal Investigator: 3 numbers
10. Scientific Papers Published : 128 numbers.
11. Popular Scientific Article Published: 32 numbers in Assamese language
12. Chapter in Book:
Chakraborty, A. 2003. Helminth Parasites of Indian Elephants (Elephas maximus) In: Helminthology in India, Sood M.L. (ed). International Book Distributors, Dehradun Pp. 263-284.
13. Book Published:
B. M. Arora and Chakraborty, A. (2009) “Colour Atlas of Diseases & Disorders of Wildlife “ published by M/S International Book Distributing Co, Chaman Studio, Building, 2nd Floor, Charbagh, Lucknow, 226 004”
14. Refreshers course / Workshop / Training organised: 7 nos.
15. Seminar / Summer Institute / Workshop / Training attended: 31 nos.